Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Welcome to Texas

Have mercy...

I woke up this morning with the fan on and my eyes feeling particularly dry and sensitive to the light. I could barely open them! I rubbed them a bit and went to the bathroom to look in the mirror. Blood. Red. It was disgusting. I was convinced that they were just irritated and brushed it off, figuring they would be well in a few hours or so. That was not the case.

We left for College Station so I could get my oil changed and go to work. I also had to pick my contacts up at the eye doctor (perfecttt!). About 5 miles down the road, I realized that I could barely keep my eyes open. Imagine driving with your eyes trying to fall asleep, but you aren't tired or walking into a room with super bright lights after you've been in the dark. Needless to say, I stopped at the Wal-Mart and got some eye drops.

By the time I got to College Station, it looked like I had been crying my eyes out for days. So, after denying a box of tissues from the guy at the automotive place and convincing him I really was having a nice day, my mom decided it would be best for me to have the eye doctor check me out since we were going anyway.

After waiting in the lobby for an hour, the doctor worked me in and looked at my eyes with her giant eye laser scope and made noises like "hmmm" "oh my!" and "yikes..". She also seemed to back farther away than normal when she told me, "you have highly contagious viral double pink eye."

Uh. What?

Best part was, there was no co-pay due to a credit on my account and I got steroid drops for my eyes so now they will have big muscles. She also told me that I shouldn't go out in public until Saturday...ha!

Hello Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment