Sunday, August 12, 2012

Linger

Today was my last day at camp.

I have been counting down to this day since my first time on high ropes (haha) and while I'm happy to say it's finally here, the moment is still bittersweet. The staff I have gotten to know at this camp came from all over the world and are some of the most incredible people I have ever met. Those who have worked camp jobs before know how closely and quickly you bond in that type of working environment. It made it especially hard knowing that so many of them live overseas and visiting them often is an unreal possibility.

To all of my dear camp friends: I will miss you all more than you will ever know. I have appreciated each of you and your hard work that made this summer possible. We each stuck it out and supported each other in one way or another at some point over these past 10 weeks. I could not have done it without you all. Thank you so much for the laughs and the experiences. I will think of you often and hope we will stay in touch. If we don't, I wish you all the best in life because you deserve it. Find joy in what you do and always follow your dreams!



On another note, I will be home in Texas on Tuesday morning!! I am so excited to see my family...I have really missed them this summer!

Coming soon will be a summer recap on the adventures I failed to blog about during the month of July. Best wishes to my dear friends Alyse and Gilly who are on their way to the most magical place on Earth: Disney World!


"I want to linger
A little longer
A little longer here with you
It's such a perfect night
It doesn't seem quite right
That it should be my last with you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment